Farrah Bostic - CX is the CEO's Job
Farrah Bostic of The Difference Engine, spoke about the role of a CEO and CX (customer experience)
- In business, innovation and marketing are key, everything else is cost (Drucker)
- Lean is a way of thinking, not a process
- CEOs talk to best customers, not next customers – this risks things like vanity metrics and survivor bias
- What would happen if the CEO wasn’t in the room?
- Strategy is a plan for a desired outcome within a set of constraints (data and action) – it can’t be retrofitted!
- Getting customer centred can take 10 months of suck before it can get good
- CEOs should be able to explain what create value and create better predictions