So, let’s start a newsletter!
I’ve been sharing the things I’ve read with people since I’ve had WiFi. (2005, in case you’re wondering.)
The links I’ve accumulated over the years are made up of:
- design—my chosen career since the early 2000s, with a mixture of theory and practice since over the years I’ve skipped back and forth between academia and industry
- digital government, and in particular UK digital government—the domain I’ve worked in since 2015
- miscellany—cos I’ve enjoyed finding stuff since forever. I’ve been called “Vickypedia” or similar throughout much of my life.
Over the years I’ve tried:
- manual emailing
- a mailing newsletter (that I never really used)
- tweeting links—which is great but don’t give much space for context
- blogging—which I still do for original work but less for things I find
- weekly social media captures of #booksandbrunch—which were a fun experiment from 2019-20 but also relentless
So, this is a more long-form review of things I find (and usually tweet) as well as things that better suit themselves to a longer format.
My aim for 2021 is monthly posts on the last Sunday of the month. Sign up and I’ll see you in your inbox!